1. Start applying to the College, Business or Trade schools in which you are interested, even if you haven’t yet taken the SAT or ACT. You will need a transcript sent. Let Guidance know when you have been accepted.
2. Do the FAFSA ( Free Application for Federal
Student Aid ) at FAFSA.gov. Completing the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for financial aid if you are going to college. October 1, 2018 is the official start date to begin this process. Use the 2019-2020 form.
3. Register for the S.A.T. at www.collegeboard.com or the ACT test at
www.actstudent.org You can apply to college without taking these tests but you will need to take one or the other in order to be accepted. A wallet size picture will be needed when registering, come to the Guidance Office for more information.
4. Apply for Scholarships – Use the school web site: www.agasd.org - Go to the guidance icon to see available scholarships. Applications for some scholarships can be found at the guidance office. Also, use www.Mycollegeoptions.com to create a personal online college and career planning profile. Also, develop a RESUME with all school activities, such as, clubs, sports, any office held, community service, work experiences etc. See Guidance for assistance.
5. Other scholarship sites: affordablecolleges.com
www.schoolsoup.com www.fastweb.com www.educationplanner.org www.finaid.or g/scholarships bigfuture.org www.studentaid.ed.gov/guide
6. Complete the Career Readiness Portfolio
Checklist - needed to graduate.
7. Order CAP/GOWN and ANNOUNCEMENTS
8. See the GUIDANCE OFFICE for assistance if
you have any further questions.
9. As a senior, if you plan on playing a sport in college, you must register with the NCAA at: www.ncaa.org/eligibilty center. On the S.A.T. TEST and ACT TEST registration - use code 9999 to have your scores sent automatically to the NCAA.
10. Male students must register with the
Selective Service in order to receive federal aid. If you are male, age 18-25,
you can register at: www.sss.gov. Do it as soon as possible.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MORE INFO