To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31, 2023. To be eligible for first grade, a child must be six (6) on or before August 31, 2023.
Parents must upload the following at the time of kindergarten registration:
- Certificate of Birth (from the state in which their child was born - not the certificate from the hospital)
- Residency verification
Residency verification may be confirmed by uploading one of the following:
-Deed to home
-Current Utility Bill
- Immunization record
The immunization record must include the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)*
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Also requested prior to the first day of school (please print form below and return to your home school the first week of school):
Please refer all questions to your local school office or Sharon Berkshire at (724) 564-7190 x8110
*Please click HERE to begin the Registration Process*
Once the registration window has closed, all applicants will be notified regarding a date and time for additional screenings that will take place at their home schools.
Early Admissions of Students
An outside psychological evaluation of intellectual functioning and the Bracken School Readiness Composite will need to be completed prior to consideration for early admission.
California State University of PA
Department of Psychology
Result time: 4 weeks