1. A student exhibiting academic, attendance, and/or behavioral difficulty is referred for screening at the building level.
2. A screening team meets to discuss referral and make appropriate recommendations.
3. School counselor collects completed packet from referring teacher making sure that all information (questionnaires, rating scales, student's grades, achievement test results) is included and forwards information to the business office.
4. Local Education Representative (LEA) sends permission to evaluate, parent questionnaire, and Notice of Parents' Rights to parent/guardian. The LEA puts the parental input together with the school data to form the packet, which is then sent to the psychologists.
5. Psychologist completes assessment and writes a draft evaluation report (ER). The multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meets, regarding whether or not student is a child with a disability, reviews recommendations, signs and finalizes ER.
6. The Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team meets and makes decisions regarding the strengths and the needs of the students as well as how to meet the student's educational needs.
7. LEA Representative presents (NOREP) Notice of Recommended Educational Placement to parent